Re: Giving a GUI to the installation program

"yiyus" <jg_yiyus@jet.es> writes:

> I was going to try to develop a good installation program for Linux
> distribution, but I thought I should look what people are doing now to
> cooperate with a project.
> I would like to know where I can find a spec of the Debian installer or
> something so.
> My idea was to make the program with a graphics interface using SVGAlib or
> something similar, what do you think?

An installation program shouldn't rely on an SVGAlib-supported card,
and it shouldn't even rely on graphics. Instead text-based system like
curses or slang should be used for the user interface. Look what's
already done in the boot-floppies package and try to improve it.

And don't reinvent the wheel.

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de>