Re: [OFFTOPIC] Goedel and the mathematic (was: Re: Copyright from the lcs-projekt!? [dwarf@polaris.net: Re: First cut at testing and validation]

> > [warning, this is getting off topic fast]

OK.  I admit it, I had a sudden rush of blood to the head and thought I could
remember the details of this when in fact I couldn't (it's been about 12 years
since I studied it, so I shouldn't be surprised by this ;-)

Having reconsidered it, I was probably thinking about some related stuff, like
the Bertrand Russell ``library catalogs with and without references to
themselves problem''.

For anyone that's wondering what the hell this has to do with Debian &
Licenses, the answer is quite possibly nothing, but if your not au fait with
Goedel's Theorem (as it turns out I'm not) I certainly recommend you have a
look.

I know I was pretty stunned when I understood it last time round, and am
looking forward to getting into my old notes again so I can rediscover it :-)

Cheers, Phil.

P.S.  I still get the gut feeling that there is something fundamental that
means we won't be able to have the full specification of what we define to be
Debian covered by the rules of what is Debian, I just cannot tell you why.