Re: Is NPL DFSG complient or not?

Adam P. Harris wrote:
> Personally, I consider it the package maintainer's duty to comply with
> license minutae, not Debian's.

This is a very bad load to put on us maintainers. Consider maintainers
who don't have net access anymore, maintainers who have left the project,
maintainers who don't have loads of disk space to keep every old version of
a package they have released.

> Again, I consider it the package maintainer's job, as the literal
> party modifying the code, to deal with the details of license
> compliance.  If I as a package maintainer am able and willing to offer
> source access to old versions in compliance with the license, why
> should Debian stop me?

Debian shouldn't. But neither should it require that you do so. Debian (or
SPI or somebody) should help developers deal with these requirements.

--
see shy jo