Re: Copyright from the lcs-projekt!? [dwarf@polaris.net: Re: First cut at testing and validation]

Hi,
>>"Marcus" == Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

 Marcus> On Fri, Aug 14, 1998 at 04:14:17PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
 >> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
 >> > 	There seems no reason that a legal document can't be put under
 >> >  a rename-and-distinguish-is-you-change-a-letter clause.
 >>
 >> This is a good point.  We should encourage RMS to fix the GPL.

 Marcus> There is no practical reason to do so, as all desired things are already
 Marcus> allowed (you can copy the legal text).

	As has been pointed out elsewher, not in the united
 states. Licenses are just as subject to copyright as your favourite
 paperback.

	This is not the case in germany, I am given to understand.

	However, if a license require on to do foo; it can't stop any
 other license from requiring foo as well, so if one cares to rewrite
 the license, one can get the same effect.

	Kinda like look and feel are not protected. One may not,
 however, make verbatim copies of the license, beyond fair use
 exemptions.

	So, my point still stands: licenses have no reason to be
 unmodifiable.

	manoj
--
 Hey! Come merry dol! derry dol!  My darling! Light goes the
 weather-wind and the feathered starling.  Down along under Hill,