Re: Copyright from the lcs-projekt!? [dwarf@polaris.net: Re: First cut at testing and validation]

> --yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

> >  Michael> It is not acceptable, that a official announce debian-redhat
> >  Michael> projekt produce non-free software!
> > 	Sheer Hyprocrisy.
>
> It is, isn't it? Imagine, a project to produce a completely free OS,
> defining that OS by using non free programs.

Are you familiar with Godel's Theorem ?

  When defining a mathematical system, you eventually get down to some
  definitions that are neither provable, or disprovable within the system
  (``1 = 1'' in arithmetic for example).

While I don't think that we have reached that point here, I think that
continuing to insist on the inclusion of all things that define the system,
within the system, will get us there eventually.

When someone decides that all our documentation should be interpreted
according to an online dictionary, released under the GPL, and someone else
does a release of that dictionary with the word ``free'' defined as requiring
an exchange of money ...

Cheers, Phil.