Re: Copyright from the lcs-projekt!? [dwarf@polaris.net: Re: First cut at testing and validation]

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Michael Bramer wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 12, 1998 at 10:31:53PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Michael Bramer wrote:
> >
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > Today I have read the first time from the lcs projekt.
> > >
> > > After that I subcrib the lcp-en mailing list and found a eMail from
> > > Dale Scheetz. In this eMail he send program code this a copyright.
> > > I have ask him, to change the copyright to a DFSG-free copyright.
> > >
> > > This is the answer:
> >
> > It is impolite to copy a private email to a public forum, without
> > permission from the author (Dale).

While this is normally true, in this case Michael's actions were perfectly
appropriate. (I should have cc'd it somewhere useful)

> Yes this is right. But:
> the first mail should go to the lcp-en list, but the list is not real open.
> After the mails in the list is the sentence:
>  # While this is an open list, non-committee members are encouraged to lurk
>  # +quietly.
>
> After I read this sentence, I post my mail to Dale as a 'speaker' from the
> lcp-list and not on the list.

And I thank you very much for being willing to read the notice and abide
by it. There have been several "flame bait" posting to the list since it
opened, so not everyone is as considerate as yourself.

> And I belief, he give permission. If not, I am very sorry

While I did not specifically do so, I certainly would have, and have no
problems with your posting of our conversation. It just proves that I
don't say things in private that I would not say in public ;-)

Thanks,

Dwarf