Re: Status of KDE/Qt - interim decision

Well, while we have discussed this a fair amount, it looks like the
people at Redhat have as well:

http://www.redhat.com/redhat/qtlicense.html

They come to the same conclusions we do, more or less.  Maybe it is
time to take action.  A brief press release might not be bad.. a nice
1 2 punch re the problematic licensing might really wake some people
up.

Something to the effect of:

For the same reasons [ or list them ] cited in
http://www.redhat.com/redhat/qtlicense.html, Debian has decided to
pull Qt, the KDE binaries, as well as other GPL'ed software that
suffers from the same type of legal problems from our FTP sites.

Hrmm or something like that..

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org