Re: Status of KDE/Qt - interim decision

> So, we should remove either KDE or Qt (so that we are not distributing
> them as `a whole work').  Given this, I feel that we should remove Qt
> from our distribution.

My personal opinion about this is that this whole discussion is a waste
of energy since as far as I can tell we're not violating anyone's intent.

However, my personal opinion aside, if we have to remove one then KDE is
the only viable alternative.  Qt works stand-alone.  KDE does not.  Removing
Qt from Debian leaves a non-functional KDE so there is no point in
continuing to keep the KDE packages (at which point we can allow Qt once
more).

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

        Premature optimization is the root of all evil.  -- Donald Knuth