Re: My suggestions for i18n

On Mon, Aug 10, 1998 at 09:43:22PM +0100, Edward Betts wrote:
> Can you provide bug reports in languages other than english?

If you wish to submit bug reports in Japanese, please use the Debian-JP
bugtracking system (http://www.debian.or.jp/Bugs/index.html.en).

> should there be somebody on-hand to translate bug reports?

For other languages, I'd prefer it if people reported to a native language
Debian user list (we already have several), and request someone submit a
translated version.

> With a super-duper internationised debian could you have a DEVELOPER who
> did not speak english, but could still paticapate, or is that not
> possible.

This is already the case for several developers in the Debian-JP project.
The Debian-JP folks are working on organising communication with them.

Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would