Re: Gnus: a mkgnus script

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	I wrote the script below, called mkgnus; and now, I can fire
>  of mkgnus; which downloades the latest version from the upstream site
>  using wget; untars it, untars the debian files, edits  the changelog
>  to put in the version number, optionally copies custom files in (not
>  needed any more); and creats a .deb file. All this with no human
>  intervention. I load the .deb file. and away I go. No fuss.
>
> 	I though I would share this with people. Do you think that
>  this deserves to be a separate package?

This is great.  I'd certainly use it.  Right now I just have a
makefile in /usr/local/lib/emacs/site-lisp that allows me to do a
"make get-latest", and it does the download/unpack/install there.
Then I have my symlinks and load-path set up to DTRT.  But having a
proper package would be much nicer.

I haven't actually tried the Debian Gnus package yet.  I'll have to
check it out.