Re: A proposal to revive the Policy document

Hi,

 Richard> Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
 >> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
 >> > 	I think Phil Hands has already volunteered for policy
 >> >  maintainer, and I hereby do so as well. We just need to
 >> >  con^H^H^H^convince a couple of other volunteers, and we are all set.
 >>
 >> I'll volunteer.  I can represent the voice of intertia. :-)

 Richard> I also volunteer.

	Cool, that makes four of us already.

 Richard> I like this proposal, though I would prefer that a formal
 Richard> amendment not need seconds to be presented.  (If no-one
 Richard> cares, it will time out anyway.)

	Well, the rationale for the seconds was that this would cut
 down on the number of amendments a bit, and that it would encourage
 people to test the waters a bit before actually embarking on the
 formal process (in fact, I have a few ideas that I would do an
 informal straw poll on IRC and -policy before proposing).

	We can make it easier bureaucratically, by allowing the
 proposer to mention names of seconds in the proposal itself.

	One would think that if the amendment were worth modifying
 policy for, one could convince at least one or two other developers,
 right?

	manoj