Re: Archive Restructuring -- The dists/ Hierarchy

On Mon, Aug 03, 1998 at 03:56:01AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  4) When there are no (non wishlist?) bug reports reported, and the
>     package is rellease ready in the maintainers mind, the maintainer
>     tags it as such and asks that it be moved to the staging
>     area. (suggest a minimum bug free stay in unstable before this is
>     done?)

Really you should allow "normal" bugs..  Things that should be fixed but are
not critical that they be fixed.  Wishlist bugs are hardly bugs.  NO
non-trivial programs are bug-free.

>  7) a snap shot of unreleased is frozen. By this time, no packages in
>     the unreleased have any release critical bugs. They are formally
>     tested.

We hope.  I figure there will often be a few, though not like hamm was.