RFC: packaging+orphaning (Was: Open C++)

John Lapeyre writes:
 > 	Has anyone else looked at this ?  With a little work, I got it to
 > build and run its tests.  I suppose I could package it, but I really don't
 > think I could maintain it.

Don't know whether it's politically correct, but I'd suggest if you
feel like it that you upload it with "Maintainer: Debian QA team", as
a NMR (with Debian-revision -0), with some note in the changelog.

That would emphasize you just packaged and orphaned it.  A note to
WNPP would be required.

This would let people try it, augmenting the chances to get a
volunteer.  It could then be maintained as NMRs until someone takes
it.

Comments, anyone ?
--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@mygale.org> | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,