Gimp doesn't print

Hi,

The problem was originally reported by me in bug #21200 (106 days
old), and by others in older bugs.  The problem no longer seems to be
what was originally thought, since lprng now puts lpc in /usr/sbin.

The problem is: gimp refuses to print to a printer.  It will print to
a file, but not to a printer -- there simply is no printer option in
the printer box.

Gimp should AT MINIMUM let me specify my own command to print.  There
is no reason to insist on the file.

Also, the print box refuses to remember the type of my printer
(Laserjet 6) -- every time I go there, I have to tell it again.

Can we please get this fixed?  I don't see why nothing has been done
after 106 days.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |