Re: Archive Restructuring - Package Pool

Charles Briscoe-Smith <cpbs@debian.org> writes:

> mirror (and maybe fmirror?) is able to read the "LIST -lR" information
> from a file on the server instead of issuing the command itself; in
> this case, the FTP server wouldn't even need changing -- just create
> files called "ls-lR.no-crypto" and "ls-lR.no-violence".  Then the
> mirror picks up that file and mirrors according to its contents...

I don't think this is the right approach.  It limits the retrieving
sides flexibility too much, and it doesn't scale *at all*.  We have to
maintain a combinatorial number of files to cover all the possible
sets of keywords that someone could specify.

  non-us
  non-us ^ violent
  non-us ^ french-only
  french-only