Re: Several reasons why debian should not use bash for /bin/sh

Hi,
>>"Herbert" == Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> writes:

 Herbert> In this case ash is POSIX complaint.  The offending script
 Herbert> is obviously doing a

 Herbert> read

 Herbert> which is not defined by POSIX.

	Now it is my pleasure to ask you to check your facts before
 jumping to conclusions. Have you looked at the standard? If s, how
 dod the following escape your attention?

ISO/IEC 9945-2: 1993
AEEE Std 1..3.2-1992
Section 4.52 read - Read a line from standard input
lines 8311-8382

	So indeed read is defined by POSIX. If Your statement about
 ash is correct, ash is not compliant on a Debian Box (I do not know
 if ash exists on a non Linux box at all)

	manoj

--
 Happiness is in direct proportion to the distance from the home
 office. Contradictory Corollary: The diner who is furthest from the