Re: Mirrors

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Tim Sailer wrote:

> > However, the dates on all the files there seem to have slipped
> > forward by five hours sometime since Monday [1].  Or something.  Rather
> > than download all 1.5 GB again, I have switched to mirroring
> > ftp.rge.com until I figure out what happened.
>
> rsync doesn't understand Tzones, so point it back to llug,
> and run 'mirror -T' just to sync the timestamps, then run your
> regular mirror.

It's mirror that is at fault, not rsync..

debian{jgg}/debian/debian#ls -l
-rw-rw-r--   1 maor     debadmin      928 Jul 23 17:49 README
debian{jgg}/debian/debian#822-date
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 23:26:04 -0500

va{jgg}/debian/debian#ls -l
-rw-rw-r--   1 archvsyn debwww        928 Jul 23 15:49 README
va{jgg}/debian/debian#822-date
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 21:26:22 -0700

As you can see the date is correct for the timezone on va. Mirror somehow
doesn't get the timezone conversion correct, probably because ftp has no
way of specifying the timezone..

Jason