Re: pdksh -> posixness?

Will Lowe <harpo@UDel.Edu> wrote:
> In the interest of going small,  fast and posix,  is it possible that we
> can strip out all the non-posix stuff from pdksh and release it
> specifically as posixsh,  which would install itself as /bin/sh and which
> we could then test for posix compliance?

I don't think we should plan as if we're going to only have one
posix shell.  And I like this idea of using update-alternatives
to select /bin/sh

Finally, could someone spell out for me what about ash is non-posix?
The posix documentation isn't freely available, or I'd look it up
myself.

Thanks,

--
Raul