iproute package

I'd like to know if someone is working on the iproute package.
There is a iproute_980119-1 source package in project/orphaned; the
last version is 980630, and the name of the upstream package has
changed to iproute2, but anyway I think we can leave it unchanged.

The control file of the orphaned package reads:
Source: iproute
Section: net
Maintainer: Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk>
Standards-Version: 2.1.2.2

Package: iproute
Architecture: i386 -> it should be "any"
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
 This package contains the ip and the rtmon tool that allow control of
 routing and other aspects of networking.

The package had changed a lot since that version (980119), it needs
a lot of work to compile under libc6, and the author is not very
glibc2-lover:

>> If you use libc5 and have problems with compiling this package,
>> please, mail to me.
>>
>> If you use glibc2, the problems are your own, please, do not bother
>> me in this case. ip-routing directory contains not supported and
>> not tested patches iproute2-*.glibc2.patch.gz, which could help
>> you.
>>
>> Alexey Kuznetsov
>> kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru

After a lot of #including, I'd just managed to get it compiled in
my hamm/i386, and it seems to work ok, so I can package it and
upload to slink with little effort, if nobody objects. Anyway,
maybe there is someone more expert than me in this kind of stuff
that wants to maintain it.  Or maybe this package should be merged
with netbase?

Regards,
--
Roberto Lumbreras