Re: NIS+ for Debian?

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Matthias Klose wrote:

> I don't see the problem. glibc pre2.1 and glibc2 can be installed
> together. Or do I miss something?

First, there is no i386.deb of glibc pre2.1, someone should make it.
Second, there is no point installing both glibc pre2.1 and glibc2 since
they have the same soname (libc.so.6), so only one would be used.
Third, glibc pre2.1 is still very unstable, there have been big
problems on sparc with it, like binary incompatibility between two
versions of it, and it is still in development, some thing may change in
the future. I would not use it on i386 as a standard C library.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
              HuLUG: http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux/