Re: libgtk-dev bug?

At 08:59 -0700 1998-07-29, Paolo Molaro wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 29, 1998 at 04:40:14PM +0100, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
>> libgtk-dev provides two glib header files: /usr/include/glib.h and
>> /usr/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h
>>
>> glib.h has a "#include <glibconfig.h>" line.
>>
>> Is there any reason not to move glibconfig.h to /usr/include , removing
>> /usr/lib/glib/include (glibconfig.h is the only file there), and the need
>> to explicitly declare -I/usr/lib/glib/include when compiling GTK-using
>> code?
>
>glibconfig.h is supposed to contain system-specific stuff, so it goes
>under the /usr/lib hierarchy (/usr/include should be nfs-exportable
>to multiple architectures).

That's wrong, /usr/include contains a number of system and architecture
dependencies, it is not supposed to be shareable.

Stuff that can be shared across architectures belongs in /usr/share,
anything else under /usr should be assumed to be architecture or machine
-specific.
--
Joel "Espy" Klecker
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>