Re: New to the list

Gerhard Poul <gp@atnet.at> writes:

> I'm new to this list... (No, I'll not ask you a faq ;) )

Welcome.

> I only want to know if some software development project from debian can
> need a software developer (C/C++ and Perl)

Of course.

> I haven't already sent my pgp key and such things to the maintainers because
> I first want to know if someone can need some help...

One place to start would be to look at the bug tracking system (off
www.debian.org), focus especially on any packages that have programs
you use, or are familiar with.  Many of these have bugs that could be
fixed by a competent C/C++/perl programmer.  If you do decide to fix
something, coordinate with the package maintainer to avoid any
potential wasted or duplicated effort.

Another place to look is the WNPP (Work Needed and Prospective
Packages) list.  I would assume it's available off the web site too,
but I can't check right now.

Finally, browse the archives of debian-devel.

Good luck.