Re: Why has bo vanished from the archives?

*-storm@gate.net (29 Jul)
| On Wed, Jul 29, 1998 at 12:16:44PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
| >     Tim, read his post again.  Note the very first line.  "I understand that
| > not all mirror sites will have the space..."  Then note the second line.
| > "But I think... ...'offical' ftp site of ftp.debian.org..."
| >
| >     He isn't talking about mirrors, he is talking about the main site.
|
| ftp.debian.org is hosted at Georga Tech, and is just as volunteer as the
| rest of them.  I expect it is just as hard to keep that much drive space for
| them as well.

No matter were ftp.debian.org resides it still is the 'official' Debian
ftp site.  If that site does not have sufficient disk space then either
Debian needs to sponsor a disk at the site or another site with
sufficient disk space(and bandwidth) needs to host the 'official' Debian
ftp site.

--
Brian