Re: CD README's

Will Lowe <harpo@UDel.Edu> writes:
> > choose" among the provided CDs.
> Alright,  I can see how that could be a problem.
>
> > The fact that I tend to unpack HOWTOs and FAQs for view "before" the
> > install, and do other little "touches" to make life easier, means that I
> > can not say I have the "Official Debian Release" because of the
> > constraints we wish to place on the use of "Official".
> This also.
>
> I suppose that the issue is really about the correct distribution of
> the binary packages -- the sources and other things don't really concern
> the novices,  who are the ones we're trying to help with the whole
> "official" effort.  I'll agree that it's silly that you don't produce
> "official" debian CDs because you unzip the docs.
>
> Is there some way that we can assure that the binaries get out ok?

Is there some way that we could ask CD vendors to provide a special
certification group with the CDs before they go into mass production?
That would let us be flexible, allow CD vendors the resources to get
some good testing on their stuff, and also give us a "stamp of
approval" mechanism so that we can affect quality for the better.

Could the debian-testing group be repurposed for this?

Ideas?