Re: More (release) goals

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Add switches to dpkg via /etc/dpkg.conf so it ignores certain
> directories.  Say on a system were you're short at disk space, put
> "ignore /usr/man /usr/info /usr/doc" in /etc/dpkg.conf and dpkg won't
> install files or links into it.

If we intend to support multiple architecture and also /usr/share, we
need this so that you don't have to reinstall doc,info and manpages for
every architecture, when they are already installed.  You install
everything for the first architecture, and then just the arch-dependent
stuff for the rest.

However, it they must also be ignored on a  remove/purge also.

cd

BTW, there's talk about what to call 2.3, but what is 2.2 called?

|                       |               Chris Davis               |
|   cdavis@cois.on.ca   |        Computer Engineering OTO+1       |
|                       |           University of Toronto         |
| Developer, Linux port to the Sparc/Sun4 Architecture.           |