Re: tech proposal to make manoj somewhat happy.

[ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]

Raul Miller:
> But this "single program" concept is almost antithetical to the unix
> system design.  Unless you mean a single top-level program which
> calls other programs as needed.

If all documentation is available as HTML, only one program is needed,
the HTML browser.  However, we don't want to ship manual pages as
anything but troff source code (and we have good reasons for that),
we provide another program (or several) to convert manual pages to HTML
as they are accessed. Similarly for Info files. All the `old' ways of
accessing the documentation will work indefinitely.