Re: Stop reporting non-bugs as bugs!

John Goerzen wrote:
> [ Martin Schulze, please excuse this non-maintainer close of this bug,
>   but it is not a bug and could hold up hamm otherwise. ]

I had already downgraded the severity on this bug to normal, for identical
reasons as those you gave below. Anyway..

> > > #24897 has changes to documentation.  Not a bug.  Send it upstream.
> >
> > Well, I think this is a valid wishlist bug, though I haven't read it.
>
> Normally I'd agree.  However, if you look at his diff, he is wanting
> to increment the version number of the FAQ, make the author appear to
> be himself

Actually, he just adds himself to the credits file.

> and make various other changes to documentation.  The diff
> is quite large, too.  Debian clearly cannot go about applying diffs to
> packages to change version numbers on included documentation.

Part of the patch:

-   whatever else.  NO PROGRAMS ARE STARTED OR READ AS ROOT!
+   whatever else.  ALL PROGRAMS ARE STARTED OR READ AS ROOT!

Lol

--
see shy jo