Re: Debian v2.0 ("Hamm") Release (RSN)

At 9:25 AM -0700 7/20/98, Santiago Vila Doncel wrote:
>On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Brian White wrote:
>> As far as I know, you're correct.  However, what it accomplishes is minor
>> and could potentially have greater ill effects.
>
>What ill effects are you talking about?
>Having an inconsistent base section is already ill enough!

>From a QA perspective, any change of any kind can have possible
reprocutions.  When releasing any product, it's often the "simple" changes
that get you in  trouble.  Just two or three of these, and things quickly
degrade from a stable to unstable environment, and everyone is unhappy with
the result.  It's generally the unknowns that are the issue, not the
knowns.  I believe Brian made the best choice at this time based on
standard development practices that I am aware of.

Regards,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <grantbow@svpal.org>