Re: boot floppies and syslinux "-s" mode

Federico writes:
> Just one comment. If you have a fast box (Pentium) there is a hight
> chance you also have a CD-Rom. I think the only people booting from
> floppy are the ones with old 486 and the -s option doesn't make much
> difference in that case (or does it?).

You bet it does.  I have 386/33 here that I use for testing.  It takes so
long to boot from the hamm floppies that a newbie would probably conclude
that it was hung and give up.  It boots from the bo disks almost as quickly
as my K6.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)