Re: Debian i386 freeze

Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> wrote:

>> Package: dhcp
>> Maintainer: Rich Sahlender
>>   24443  [SECURITY] dhcp: potential buffer overflow problems
>> [STRATEGY] Eloy A. Paris promised to do a NMU to fix this.
>>
>> Package: dhcp-beta
>> Maintainer: Rich Sahlender
>>   24442  /etc/init.d/dhcp-beta sources inexistent /etc/init.d/functi
>> [STRATEGY] Eloy A. Paris promised is making a NMU to fix this.
>>   24445  [SECURITY] dhcp-beta: potential buffer overflow problems
>> [STRATEGY] Eloy A. Paris promised to do a NMU to fix this.
>
> These can also be removed without a large impact.

Oh no, I think the DHCP packages are very important. Lots of sites
(including the company I work for) use these packages as an
alternative to other DHCP servers like the one in Windows NT.

Thanks God I could make it and the two NMU's that fixed the above bugs
made it into Hamm. I was close of not being able to make it, though
:-)

peloy.-

--

Eloy A. Paris