Re: Debian i386 freeze

Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> wrote:
> Yes it does. I know of nothing to say that permissions given by a
> copyright holder have to be in writing.

And this lack of knowledge tells us... what?

What countries does your lack of knowledge tell us about?  And is
that only in the context of a contract, or does it include distribution
without a contract?

> A subsequent public declaration cancelling a clause of a licence
> supersedes that licence.

You've concluded this from your lack of knowledge?

> The only problem with a verbal declaration is providing evidence.
> Evidence for kde's position is overwhelming.

Yep: they've refused to update their license such that it doesn't
conflict with Qt's.  That's pretty clear: it says that either
we fix Qt's license, or we use something besides Qt to generate
binaries.

Or are you talking about the stuff available on their web site where
they address completely unrelated issues?

> Please stop chasing this red herring!

Indeed.

--
Raul