Re: Debian i386 freeze

ichert Akkerman wrote:
^

> > > Package: dhcp
> > > Maintainer: Rich Sahlender
> > >   24443  [SECURITY] dhcp: potential buffer overflow problems
> > > [STRATEGY] Eloy A. Paris promised to do a NMU to fix this.
> > >
> > > Package: dhcp-beta
> > > Maintainer: Rich Sahlender
> > >   24442  /etc/init.d/dhcp-beta sources inexistent /etc/init.d/functi
> > > [STRATEGY] Eloy A. Paris promised is making a NMU to fix this.
> > >   24445  [SECURITY] dhcp-beta: potential buffer overflow problems
> > > [STRATEGY] Eloy A. Paris promised to do a NMU to fix this.
> >
> > These can also be removed without a large impact.
>
> Hmm, Eloy promised he would make the NMU today. It would be a shame if he
> is a couple of hours too late :(

Right.  And Klatu uploaded "something" with dhcp.  It covers a different
bug so this might have gotton out of sync.  It was an upload to unstable
only.  Please check that.  It's still sitting in the incoming dir.  Anyway
there's still dhcp-beta missing.

> > > Package: kdebase              (i386 contrib)
> > > Maintainer: Stephan Kulow
> > >   24643  kdebase: We have no licence to distribute KDE binaries when
> >
> > Removeable.
>
> Uh.. if you remove kdebase you might as well remove the all kde* packages,
> since they probably depend on kdebase.

I'm unsure about this.  If this means that no source that is covered by
the GPL but needs a non-free part to run, can be distributed, we have to
remove contrib entirely.  When I'm not mistaken, most of the packages
in contrib depend on non-free stuff but are covered itself by a DFSG-complient
license - such as GPL.

(btw. in that case we don't need two cds anymore...)

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU GPL: "The source will be with you... always."