Re: VMailer (Was: Status of qmail?)

> Finally, note that what we need to do to be able to distribute qmail
> binaries (not lose mail from whatever previous mta was installed) isn't a
> qmail specific issue, and that solving it would benefit most of our users.

Yes.  One approach would be for each MTA's postrm to move anything in the mail
queue into a portable format mail holding area, and then have each MTA's
postinst inject any messages in the holding area into the queue.

I should have time to do a var-qmail style package once 2.0 is released.

One other issue is that we need a ``nofiles'' group, which can be expected to
never own any files --- how do I make that happen ?

Cheers, Phil.