Re: qpopper - new license. Is this OK?

>Qpopper 2.52 has just been released by qualcomm. It is accompanied
>by a new license, and I wonder if it is DFSG compliant.. could someone
>comment on this please?
>
>I specifically wonder what they mean with "Distributors".

You're right, they're being confusing. I'd tend to agree that the license
isn't clear about what the terms are, but it sounds to me like they're just
trying to further limit their responsibilty. If they're saying one can't
redistribute under a less-restrictive licence--well, all that the license
seems to restict is their (Qualcomm's) liability and the Berkeley copyright
requirement. So I'd say it can stay in main, but keep an eye toward further
scrutiny.

But then, perhaps I'm biased:

So, given that there's now a CERT advisory about root-compromise bugs in
previous versions, when do we get the new package? :) I spent an hour
trying to get the qualcomm source to build on a bo system last night, but
wasn't clever enough to get it to auth correctly. From the older package
diffs it looks like some footwork is involved?

>QUALCOMM Incorporated License Terms for QPOPPER
[snipped]

-Ralph

---
Ralph_Giles@sfu.ca