Re: Qmail - any alternatives? (Was: Status of qmail?)

In article <[🔎] 19980715134248.A32710@planetfall.com>,
Jeff Noxon <jeff@planetfall.com> wrote:
>I currently run qmail, and due to its licensing problems I'd rather not
>run it.  But is there another MTA that supports multiple user aliases
>similar to the way qmail does?  I find it tremendously useful to be able
>to have multiple jeff-xyz addresses for mailing list subscriptions and
>so on.

Sendmail supports "username+random_string_here@domain" out of the box..
And has done that for quite some time.

But if you run qmail you most likely want to switch to exim, I don't
know how exim handles this. No doubt someone else does and will reply..

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.