Re: Status of qmail?

On Tue, Jul 14, 1998 at 05:59:37PM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:
> > I'd prefer exim as our default MTA -- it is easy to configure and
> > mostly compatible with smail.
>
> I thought that last time this was discussed, we had more or less
> decided to move toward exim, presuming we could satisfy a couple of
> concerns people had had with particular issues (was it uucp?).

I wouldn't mind exim if exim would allow you to directly use something like
procmail if it were present.  I know exim can, so can qmail and just about
every other MTA that's not smail---and I imagine smail COULD if you really
wanted to do it.

That's part of why I'd like to see MDAs provide wrappers which can be used
as alternatives, replacing the current sensible-mda which only exists in
sendmail and will work for any MTA which supports one..  That's another
thread though, and I'm not sure yet if anyone else really thinks it's
doable.  A few have said it was a good idea recently on -policy.