intent to package dll_api library

I have checked the wnpp (this message is also being sent to the wnpp)
and don't remember reading any intents to package this so:

dll_api is a library. There was an article about it in Linux Journal
(issue 49) about it...and in the more current issue 51 they printed where
you can get it (slight oversite in the original article ;) )

It is a library which impliments "doubly linked lists". I have been tossing
around the idea...afterall it seems to me like "Doubly linked lists" is
not a big enough area to make a whole library out of...but
looking back now ...why reinvent the wheel every time? :)

It uses an "abstract data type" and apears very nice. Also...I would
like to package it because well...I plan to use it in at least
one program that I am writting as a personal project (which if I
ever finish will also be packaged :) )

The problem: Licence
There is NO licence included int he distribution.
I have contacted the Author and he has expressed intentions of making this
free software...however, while he has been programming for many years,
this is his first contribution to free software, he is unsure about
licences.

I plan to contact him again about this (sort of lost
contact when some of my mail started bouncing due to some system problems)
and see if we can't get something whipped up.

He also expressed desire to package this himself...but heis not a debian
user at all right now. If he ever does decide to do so I will happily
turn the package over to him (afterall...it is his baby)

any comments? suggestions? What would be a good name for this package?
(I dunno about "libdll" which is what he called it...it is libdll.so
I have yet to check if the name libdll is taken...anyone know if there
is already a libdll of some sort?)
-Steve
PS you can get the source at:
ftp://ftp.ssc.com/pub/lj/listings/issue49/2484.tgz

--
/* -- Stephen Carpenter <sjc@delphi.com> ------------------------------ */
A favorite quote from a source I forget:

----- End forwarded message -----