Re: Hamm Bug Stamp-Out List now on www

Raul Miller wrote:
> I've pulled down the gnu cpio from a prep mirror, and it seems to
> be able to cope with the format (also, it's supposed to try
> to recover from errors).  However, it gave a rather odd sequence
> of errors:
>
> /usr/local/bin/cpio: ././@LongLink not created: newer or same age version exists

This is only a feature of GNU tar.  That's the GNU way to handle
very long paths in tar files.  Even dpkg-deb can't handle that, afaik.
(Try to unpack a .deb with paths that are >100char's long)

Regards,

	Joey

--
No question is too silly to ask, but, of course, some are too silly
to answer.   -- Perl book