Re: Hamm Bug Stamp-Out List now on www

Previously Branden Robinson wrote:
> Well, I'd say that "second" overrides "first".  Because it's a security
> bug, it's a bug in general.  And security bugs are always of severity
> important or greater.

Brian doesn't seem to agree with that, since he downgraded a bunch
of bugs about insecure handling of files in /tmp. On the other hand,
leaving a socket open is evil and can lead to nasty attack (I know,
a friend of mine wrote a couple).

> See 22878.  The guy forgot to include his config information.  The two bugs
> are merged for that reason.

The current script doesn't report merged bugs, it just skips the other bugs
it's merged with. I'll try to add a list of merged bugs tomorrow (should
be quite easy).

> That, I don't understand.  Incompatibility between GNU tar and Sun tar??

Sun tar (and other tar's, like HP and IRIX) don't support all files created
with GNU tar, so that probably is a correct deduction.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@wi.LeidenUniv.nl