bo-> hamm upgrade report

	Autoup script worked beautifully.  I couldn't get the /bin/script
thing to work , however. It kept failing silently.  I ran autoup in a
shell in an emacs buffer to save the ouput.
	After that , it was the usual install circus.  Since it's not
mentioned in the docs: As usual, there were several errors causing dselect
to abort.  Then , I forgot to configure what was already upacked before
running install again, which caused dselect to unpack everything again.  A
note about this in the install docs would help (I wrote about this almost
a year ago, as well) . Then there are the endless mime-type queries ,
which together with my impatience caused me to type too many 'y' 's .
And the multiple tex and X questions and configuring.
	But actually , if you don't let it bother you, it doesn't take too
long and is really not painful.

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>