Re: .so and .a libs, tcl, postgres = in over my head

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Dan Jacobowitz wrote:

> Just to back up a step - is it true or not true that linking with
> libtcl8.0.so would incur a speed hit?  What about linking libperl.a
> into a shared module?  Etc.  Never really figured that out.

You mean make a libperl.so and link mod_perl against it dynamically? I
dont think it would make sense, because apache would be the only thing
using it.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
              HuLUG: http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux/