Re: Uploaded debian-keyring 1998.07.04 (source all) to master

Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

> Gergely Madarasz <gorgo@caesar.elte.hu> writes:
>
> > Hmm... it doesnt say though that if there is a debian-revision then
> > additional hyphens are not allowed...
>
> Yes, but we should choose a date standard that doesn't vary depending
> on the package type.

I think the policy should explain more rationales and fewer proscriptions.
In this case for example, the key points are:

 Use a Y2K compatible format
 Use a format that sorts correctly in all cases

Personally I would avoid hyphens because of the confusion, and as pointed out
if it's a debian native package it can't very well use hyphens.

greg