Re: Packaging radiusd-cistron and portslave

On Sat, Jul 04, 1998 at 12:45:08PM -0400, Norbert Veber wrote:
> > I think I will have to change that (I'm the author of radiusd-cistron).
> > As it is written now it looks like I am saying things in the name of
> > Livingston which is probably not OK.
> >
> > The Livingston part of the license is OK, it's standard BSD style.
> > I think I should be able to slap GPL on top of that right?
>
> I dont know for sure, but I think it would be ok to say that the stuff you
> did is GPL'ed, and the livingston stuff goes under their license.  But this
> is pretty much what it says now anyway..

Interested people ought to check out the license created by Alan Cox
that was posted several days ago to freshmeat.net.  It is, I believe,
an attempt to create a license for the purpose of "gpl-izing" BSD
licensed things.

Ciao,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org