Re: Hamm 2.0 beta installation problem

> Yesterday when I was installing hamm 2.0 beta (using the latest
> floppy disks with kernel 2.0.34) at my computer at home I noticed
> that it took a *very* long time to boot from the rescue disk. It
> took several minutes before the installation program started.

Does anyone know if these were made using the syslinux -s option ?

According to the syslinux man page, -s is for ``slow, stupid, safe mode'' and
there have been reports that it makes the disks bootable on machines with
doubtful BIOS's, which cannot deal with the non -s version.  Unfortunately,
there are also reports that it makes some machines take up to 4 minutes to
boot -- is that what you were seeing ?

We really need to know how many people benefit/suffer with the introduction of
the -s, to see if its worth doing.

BTW, what BIOS do you have ?

Cheers, Phil.