Re: DPKG on non-Debian Systems

Marc Singer <elf@netcom.com> writes:

> Isn't it odd that dpkg doesn't already have a configure script?

You're using the wrong dpkg source; go to project/experimental and use
the source from there.

Or better yet, have a look at

<URL:http://debian-m68k.nocrew.org/build_dpkg.txt>

And btw, if you use the source in main right, it works fine (how do
you think I built it?), you have to run "debian/rules build" to build
the source and have everything listed in debian/README.compile
installed though.

> Aren't these problems exactly the reason why we have configure
> scripts?

I agree dpkg's build process is \litotes{flawed}, and if no one else
beats me to it, it's on my TODO list for 1.4.0.25.

--
James
~Yawn And Walk North~                                  http://yawn.nocrew.org/