Re: non-free and "cd-ok", again

"Jules Bean" <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> --On Fri, Jul 3, 1998 7:15 pm +0100 "Philip Hands" <phil@hands.com> wrote:
>
>> Where would you put a package that says ``not to be distributed
>> with commercial software'' ?  How do we know what a CD vendor is
>> going to include with Debian CD's.  Should we leave it out, in
>> which case the vendors who are not including such software would be
>> deprived of it needlessly ?  There area whole load of restriction
>> that _might_ mean that a package could not be included in specific
>> cases, while not ruling out CD distribution across the board.
>
> Well, the answer to this particular problem, IMO, is to simply only include
> those packages which are unambiguously distributable (e.g. mysql, qt).

mysql NOT! (it has a 'not to be distributed with commercial software'
clause)

Scott (who thinks non-free licenses are too complicated to be
generalized in this way, and that Debian shouldn't bother with it)
--
Scott Hanson <shanson@shcon.com>  <shanson@debian.org>
Johmsweg 9, D-21266 Jesteburg, Germany