2.0-beta CD booting problems, and subsequent beta's

Hi,

I published some CD images (cdimage.debian.org) just after the beta release
last week.  I've had problems booting them on one machine, and I've had
reports from some people that they have had similar problems.

There are several people that can boot these same images (and I can do so on a
different machine) so the images are bootable to some extent.

Subsequently, I made an image and called it ``binary-i386-cdboot.raw'' which
has a boot image made with syslinux's -s (slow,stupid,safe -- take minutes to
boot) option.  Andreas Jellinghaus has made some similar images, and put them
under a directory ``testing'' on the server (www.uk.debian.org).

What I need to know is, are the slow,stupid,safe images and more bootable than
the originals.  Has anyone downloaded both and tried them for bootability ?

If you've burnt some CD's and found they wouldn't boot, please grab a copy of
aj's new ones from the testing directory, and see if that helps (remember,
rsync will let you update from old to new in a fraction of the time for a real
transfer.

I'd like to arrange for a second beta of the CD's some time soon  (things have
changed, so they need another test), so I need to know if there is any point
in using the ``-s'' boot images, and also when things like adding the
update-i386 directory into the archive will happen, and when we are planning
on releasing 2.0

Cheers, Phil.