Re: A project to provide a nicer GUI for installing debian ?

"Geoff Brimhall" <gbrimhall@Rational.Com> writes:

> gtk-statically-linked install program that could have cooler graphics, =
> and hopefully be more automated.

I'm more than happy to see someone start working on a better install
program, but bear in mind that "cooler graphics" is an mostly an
orthogonal issue to that of improving the functionality of the
install.

Also bear in mind that we *must* keep a capable text based installer
for situations where graphics aren't available (i.e. remote or serial
port based installs).

(I thought I heard that RedHat recently switched to a text interface
from the X based one for similar reasons?)