Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 12:53:51 -0500
From: Bruce Byars <Bruce_Byars@baylor.edu>
Subject: GRASS 4.2
Sender: macgyver@ccis01.baylor.edu
To: fog@debian.org

Federico,

Thank you for your interest in GRASS 4.2.  Your message has been
forwarded to
me to answer your questions regarding GRASS 4.2.  We distribute GRASS
freely
in the public domain, so you don't need a license to distribute it as
source or
binaries.  Of course, if you need an agreement, we can accomodate that
for you
as well.

About compiling the public-domain version:  you should be able to
compile it
on any UNIX or Linux platform without trouble using either a native
compiler
or "gcc".  If you have any trouble with this, let me know.

We would be happy if you distribute GRASS with Debian Linux, and can
assist
you if you need help with a sample dataset to include or other technical

information.  Feel free to contact me if you have any further
questions.  Thanks.

Bruce

|  Bruce Byars
|  Hydrologist and Senior Research Scientist
|  Center for Applied Geographic and Spatial Research
|  Baylor University
|  P.O. Box 97351
|  Waco, Texas  76798-7351
|  Tel:  (254) 710-2361
|  Fax:  (254) 710-2673
|  Email:  Bruce_Byars@baylor.edu

----- End forwarded message -----

* Federico DI Gregorio ** GCS/S/>L d- s:>:+ a26 C++ UL++ P+++ L*+++>$ D *
*   <fog@debian.org>   ** W+>++ N+ o? !K w--->!$ O M- V-- PS+(+++) PE(--)
*   Debian Developer   ** Y+(-)(+)(-)... PGP+ s+ 5- X+++ R*<+(+++) b+++ *