Re: FAQ maint. (was Re: Debian Free Software (FSF) or Open Source?)

Some time around  01 Jul 1998 19:00:50 EDT,
         Adam P. Harris wrote:
 > Igor Grobman <igor@igoria.net> writes:
 > >  >  Adam>  Igor's been looking for someone to help him maintain
 > >  >  Adam> this for a while (multiple peolpe would work too).  This
 > >  >  Adam> "someone" should agressive identify recurring threads in the
 > >  >  Adam> debian-{devel,users,mentors} lists and populate the FAQ-O-Matic
 > >  >  Adam> with them.
 > >
 > > Yea, I recruited 2 voluteers recently, but not much has been done
 > > unfortunately, and I want to move on to other things.  I only wanted
 > > to set it up and populate it enough to encourage others to
 > > contribute.  I guess the approach did not quite work.
 >
 > Or maybe you didn't recruit the right people?  Start trolling for
 > more.  How about some big IRC hounds.  Someone's gotta have the time
 > and the annoyance with FAQs to get it going.

Erm.. that would be me, at least at the time I started writing the FAQ ;-).  I
tried a few times, but haven't been successful at all.  This is mostly
thankless work, and it does get tiresome after a bit.  All you get for your
efforts is more newbies asking basic questions using private mail ;-).

I'll try again though as soon as I get other things done (Yea, I know I keep
saying it, but I am slowly moving through my todo list.)
--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@igoria.net